Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What to blog about...

To be honest I have no idea.  This is the reason I haven't so far, it's a combination of self doubt and lack of imagination.  Quite a bit has changed in the past 60 days, and it has kept me very busy with very few creative outlets recently.  So for the next few days i'm going to attempt to keep up with this blog and who knows, maybe I can make it a habit.  So lets discuss the past 60 days briefly to get everyone caught up.

Back in July I received an amazing opportunity that I almost passed up because it meant leaving Houston, TX and moving to San Antonio (not a bad drive but less than 3 weeks to make it happen)  Due to the encouragement of my lovely wife, I decided to take the leap and go for it.  In a whirlwind of boxes, packing materials, and one unruly animal filled trip, we finally made it to our new home in San Antonio.  This move was much different than my previous move from Las Vegas to Houston because we had my wife's family nearby as a "Safety Net" in case things didn't work out.  Well this move put us as strangers in a strange land, with no friends, no family and no  "Safety Net".  We were completely on our own.  This was both exciting and stressful, and a slew of other emotions but were here now and standing on our own, so far I consider this a success.

This brings us to today, with me sitting on my couch and re-writing this page 2/3/4 times over.  Even sitting here now on my couch, Tea in hand, and music pumping out of my earphones, I'm still waiting for the inspiration bug to bite me. Thats what these first couple of posts are for I guess, to get the ramblings out and get into a habit.  I do have some things that I would specifically like to cover, Craft Beer, Tech, Fatherhood.  I just downloaded an app called 'Lift' which I will talk about later, that will hopefully assist me with keeping a high frequency of posts.  I'm looking forward to this whole ordeal and i'm hoping that those of you reading this find it funny and entertaining, I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment